Best places to go in Buckinghamshire
Known for its beautiful countryside and historic houses, the county of Buckinghamshire is sure to provide you with inspiration for what to do on days out.
The south of Buckinghamshire is right on London’s doorstep and is home to the towns of High Wycombe, Beaconsfield, Marlow and Amersham. Go north and you will travel through Aylesbury Vale with its enchanting villages, market towns and magnificent country houses. For more information on the county's towns and villages, see our interactive map of Buckinghamshire.
Things to do in Buckinghamshire this weekend
Many of Buckinghamshire's tourist attractions are open all year round so find something to do today with activities listings each showing a map and opening times for your convenience.
The Chiltern Hills are ripe for explorative days out in Buckinghamshire, with miles of footpaths rambling through beech-wood forests and alongside momentous waterways such as the Thames and Grand Union Canal. But it’s not all about being active; just as much fun can be had exploring the Chiltern Open Air Museum, while Waddesdon Manor is a must-see for lovers of fine art and architecture and gardens. For families, children will be enchanted by Bekonscot Model Village.
Top 11 things to do in Buckinghamshire
- Green Dragon Rare Breeds Farm & Eco Centre, Buckingham
- Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre, Great Missenden
- Bekonscot Model Village & Railway, Beaconsfield
- Waddesdon Manor, Aylesbury
- Odds Farm Park, High Wycombe
- Go Ape at Black Park, Wexham
- Ascott House & Gardens, Leighton Buzzard
- Stowe National Trust, Buckingham
- Buckinghamshire Railway Centre, Quainton
- Stoke Mandeville Stadium birthplace of the Paralympics, Stoke Mandeville
- Bletchley Park, Milton Keynes
There is plenty to see and do in beautiful Buckinghamshire and an abundance of unique and appealing accommodation options to choose from, if you discover that you're not yet ready to leave:
- For B&Bs, Inns, Guesthouses and Farms in Buckinghamshire
- For Hotels in Buckinghamshire
- For Self Catering Accommodation in Buckinghamshire
- For Things to do in Buckinghamshire
For more information about things to do, browse through the below selection of cities, towns and villages for great ideas, whatever your tastes or visit our Apps & Guides page for inspiration for all things Buckinghamshire, on the go on your mobile.
List of things to do & places to visit for days out in Buckinghamshire
For more information about Buckinghamshire, including ideas for days out, attractions and events, view the list below for information on things to do towns and villages within the county. Use the 'map view' button to find something near you.