Events in the South East
Stuck for ideas of what to do in South East England? South East England hosts thousands of exciting events all year
From the multiple award winning Bestival and Walking Festival on the Isle of Wight, the Festival Theatre at Hever Castle in Kent, fabulous Henley Festival in Oxfordshire, the slightly crazy Worthing International Birdman Festival in Sussex, to the thrill of the Festival of Speed and the nostalgia of Goodwood Revival near Chichester.
This month's quirkier events include Apple Day in Oxfordshire and the Isle of Wight while Oktoberfest celebrations will make you "hop", skip and jump to one of the region's beer festivals. Other foodie events include National Chocolate and National Curry Week with Reading your destination for a taste of the action.
October also marks the anniversary of the Battle of Hastings and the Sussex town has all its usual events including a re-enactment.
Search our extensive events guide, including many free events, taking place throughout South East England using the search box on the left of this page. Find what there is to do in Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Sussex, Kent, Surrey, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire or Oxfordshire.
Don't miss these top autumn events
- Hastings Week commemorates the anniversary of the Battle of Hastings with a series of unique entertainment and family fun
- 100 stalls and a Great British Bake Off finalist await your culinary curiosity at the Broadstairs Food Festival
- A dedicated autumn trail will help you discover the best of Hever Castle's magnificent colour throughout October
- What better way to explore autumn's countryside than the Sussex Walking Festival? Most of more than 50 guided walks are free to attend and include Downlands around Eastbourne and two of the country’s finest landscapes; the South Downs National Park and the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- For seasonal gardening tips and outdoor activities that'll pull kids from their screens, look no further than Wakehurst.