Castle / Fort
• Enjoy the birds-eye view from the castle keep and walk around the battlements.
• Delight in the demonstrations of the donkeys working the 16th century treadwheel.
• Relax in the Princess Beatrice Garden, designed by TV presenter and award-winning garden designer, Chris Beardshaw.
• See history brought to life with the fun and dramatic film.
• Dress up as a soldier, experiment with armour and discover how to fire cannons.
• Experience the tranquillity of the castle chapel, and visit the Carisbrooke Castle
• Accredited local history museum run by an independent Charitable Trust with its fascinating Charles I memorabilia and new World War 1 exhibition.
Address: Newport, Isle of Wight, Hants
PO30 1XY. Tel: 01983 522107
Direction: 1½ miles south west of Newport
DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES:
If you are fit enough to scale the down land on your mountain bike what’s one more hill up to Carisbrooke castle? The castle is near the islands most challenging off road mountain bike route, a 50 mile trail, called the Chalk Ridge Extreme. Have a rest and let the donkeys take the strain in their donkey powered water winch and have a lie down in Charles the first’s bedroom in the castle museum.
* Bus Routes - 6, 7, 12, 38 or Island Coaster. More info - http://www.islandbuses.info/
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Tourism South East Member 2016
|Winter (3 Nov 2016 - 31 Mar 2017)|
|Summer (1 Apr 2017 - 2 Nov 2017)|
* 16th February - 20 February 2015: Open Everyday - 10:00 - 16:00
Closed 24-26 December and 1 January
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|2 adults & 3 children||£20.80 per ticket|
|Adult||£8.00 per ticket|
|Child (5-15 years)||£4.80 per ticket|
|Concession||£7.20 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
On the edge of Newport town centre, the remains of this Roman farmhouse are well worth discovering....1.09 miles away
Since acquiring charitable status in 2013, there’s never been a better time to visit the Island’s...2.77 miles away
Set in 88 acres of beautiful countryside, Robin Hill, the Island of Wight’s favourite award-winning...2.98 miles away
ROMAN ERA - COMBLEY ROMAN VILLA:
The mysteries of our buried roman villa are revealed in this...2.98 miles away
Electric Woods is a series of stunning evening events featuring a spectacle of themed light, colour...3.07 miles away
Allendale is situated on its own Bridleway in the glorious countryside. We pride ourselves in...3.53 miles away
Come to the Garlic Farm and indulge all of your senses. Taste all our amazing garlic products from...4.29 miles away
A quiet backwater with a busy Medieval past, now bursting with wildlife
This is the only...4.33 miles away
17th-century town hall with no town but a fascinating history
Tucked away in a tiny hamlet...4.33 miles away
RHS Partner Garden & Winner of Wight in Bloom Small Tourist Attraction 2016
This beautiful...4.5 miles away
Inspiring, Surprising and Award-Winning … Equally appealing to adults and families, your visit to...4.51 miles away
The friendly team at Haven Falconry are dedicated and skilled falconers who have a passion for...4.51 miles away
Amazon World Zoo Park is the Isle of Wight's largest exotic animal attraction and is a great day...4.65 miles away
Step into Queen Victoria’s favourite country home and experience a world unchanged since the...4.79 miles away
We offer a choice of cruises to suit everyone. Cruises most days, ranging from 25 minutes Cowes...4.99 miles away
Cowes Maritime Museum displays a selection of objects and images which help to tell the story of...5.16 miles away