British Wildlife Centre
Animal Collection / Zoo
The British Wildlife Centre, in the heart of East Surrey's countryside, is the very best place to see and learn about Britain's own wonderful wildlife.
* Over 40 different species from tiny harvest mice to magnificent red deer... and everything in between!
* Large natural enclosures that reflect wild habitats
* Walk among free-ranging red squirrels in Britain's first walk-through red squirrel enclosure
* Badger watching in the underground sett
* View the otters in their ponds and observation otter holt
* Visit the rats, mice, stoats and weasels in the Barn and Hedgerow
* See elusive creatures of the night in the Nocturnal House
* Free-flying owl display shown daily
* Keeper Talks held every half an hour allow you to see the animal up close and learn more about them - a REAL natural history lesson!
* Pip's Corner (high season only) - a wildlife themed activity area for children (aged 3-6)
* Wheelchair accessible
* Free parking
* Coffee Shop and Picnic areas
* Wildlife Gift Shop
Easily accessible on the A22 at Newchapel, nr Lingfield, just 10 minutes from the M25 (Jcn 6 Godstone interchange). Please see our website for details.
Open weekends and Bank Holidays please see our website for more detailed opening times.
Cash, debit cards and credits accepted (except for American Express)
Pre-booked school visits outside normal open dates
Pre-booked Private Group Visits (minimum 15, maximum 60) outside normal open dates
Pre-booked Photography Days outside normal open dates
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Tourism South East Member 2017
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Opening Times
The Centre is open every weekend and public holiday of the year (excluding Christmas and Boxing Day) and daily during state school holidays (dates on the website). February – October 10am to 5pm, November to January 10am to 4pm.
Last admissions 1 hour before closing.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£11.50 per ticket|
|Childrn 3-15||£8.50 per ticket|
|Family (2 adults & 2 children)||£37.00 per ticket|
|Senior||£10.50 per ticket|
|Under 3's and Essential Carers||Free|
Groups: Groups of 15 or more receive a 10% discount.
Set in beautiful Surrey countryside, Lingfield Park is one of the country's busiest racecourses....2.14 miles away
A beautiful stone Jacobean almshouse round a quadrangle. Galleried Founder's Hall with hammerbeam...2.7 miles away
Hidden woodlands, lush green meadows, tranquil ponds and an ancient common2.98 miles away
Vanguard Way is the ideal route for the walking enthusiast. At 66 miles (107 km) of beautiful...4.5 miles away
Designed by Philip Webb in the 1890s for wealthy solicitor, James Beale, and his family, Standen is...4.63 miles away
Farm Shop, Butchery, Gift Barn. Tea Room, Garden & Play Area. PYO, Seasonal Events, Espresso Bar,...4.8 miles away
Outdoor activity centre offering:
canoeing, climbing, archery, abseiling, crate challenge,...5.71 miles away
Offering beginner lessons for individuals, and groups of all sizes. Ride the Hill can offer...5.91 miles away
The Priest House sits on the western edge of Ashdown Forest in the picturesque high Weald village...6.32 miles away
Founded in December 1888, it is one of the longest established golf clubs in Sussex. A little gem...6.78 miles away
Ancient common on the Greensand Ridge where time comes home to sleep
Limpsfield Common was used by...6.85 miles away
Romantic 13th century moated castle, once Anne Boleyn's childhood home. Magnificently furnished...7.16 miles away
Wakehurst has been managed by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew since 1965. The collections are in...7.18 miles away
The Festival Theatre is an open air venue in a magical location offering a wide selection of shows...7.25 miles away
Far from the sea, but still a great view
Mariners Hill is much enjoyed by local people and dog...7.46 miles away
One of the largest retail selections of roses in the country with 1000 varieties. Also a wide range...7.47 miles away