May Bank Holiday Weekend
When is the May Bank Holiday 2017?
There are two Bank Holiday weekends in May 2017 so this page will give you ideas for events throughout the whole month including the dates April 29th to Bank Holiday Monday May 1st and the Spring Bank Holiday on 27th/28th/29th covering the Saturday, Sunday and Monday of the weekend breaks.
South East England covers nine counties in the UK's sunniest region so our online calendar features hundreds of events and ideas for all tastes. To find something near you in a specific county, use the links below.
- What's on in Berkshire
- What's on in Buckinghamshire
- What's on in Hampshire
- Events on the Isle of Wight
- What's on in Kent
- What's on in Oxfordshire
- What's on in Surrey
- What's on in West Sussex & East Sussex
Spring Bank Holiday weekend coincides with half term, which takes place from Monday 29 May to Sunday 4 June and the choice of family activities to keep kids entertained has never been greater. Scroll through this page to have a look at our featured things to do, top ideas from Social Media and extensive events guide.
From festivals and exhibitions to walks, music and children’s activities, there really is something for everyone to enjoy in the beautiful south. There are also plenty of events to enjoy your weekend break whatever the weather so if the forecast is poor, our rainy day guide will ensure you have a great day out.
Top 11 things to do on May Bank Holiday Weekend
- Treat the kids and yourself to a spring break away this May at Mill Rythe Holiday Village! Fabulous kids activities and clubs, half board packages and bags of entertainment!
- Dress to impress at Plumpton Racecourse on Ladies Day
- Take your seaside break in style by staying in one of the brand-new Bournemouth Beach Lodges.
- Immerse yourself in Wakehurst’s wonderful Wild Wood festival (27-29 May) at Ardingly in West Sussex.
- Come and join The Observatory Science Centre between Eastbourne and Hastings over the May bank holiday weekend for some bubbletastic fun!
- Oakley Hall Hotel in rural north Hampshire has a special offer for spring and summer breaks that includes a tour of the famous Bombay Sapphire Distillery.
- Enjoy a fun packed family day out in Guildford on May Bank Holiday at the Surrey County Show.
- Take on the iconic Goodwood Motor Circuit near Chichester with the precision and power of BMW M and the most progressive sports car, the BMW i8.
- Take to the air and get a totally different perspective on the stunning countryside with a helicopter sightseeing flight from Goodwood Aerodrome.
- The World’s first diving helmet is on display at the Diving Museum Gosport
- Basingstoke Transport Festival is a great day out for all the family.
Best May Bank Holiday activities from Twitter
What's on near me this May Bank Holiday Weekend?
Find hundreds more events and things to do in Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Sussex, Kent, Surrey, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire this May Bank Holiday weekend in our guide below. Whether you're looking for something near you or travelling to a part of South East England for a short break or day trip, use the 'map view' button to find something local.