Mary Rose Museum
H M Naval Base
Tel: 023 9286 1512
New £27m Mary Rose Museum open 31 May 2013: The famous Tudor warship to finally reveal all her secrets 500 years after she sank
- The ship that captured the world’s imagination when she was raised from the seabed in 1982 now has a museum built around her, reuniting the ship with its contents and crew.
- Museum is a giant ‘air lock’ and time capsule. Visitors enter a controlled environment to experience a unique journey through the ship and Tudor life.
- The most comprehensive collection of Tudor artefacts in the world will be showcased - from personal belongings such as wooden eating bowls, leather shoes, musical instruments and even nit combs complete with 500-year-old lice through to longbows and two tonne guns.
- For the first time crew members are being brought to life through forensic science: visitors can come face to face with a carpenter, cook and archer and even ‘Hatch’ the ship’s dog.
- The new Mary Rose Museum will form the centrepiece to Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, home to The Royal Navy, one of the UK’s major visitor destinations and only 90 minutes from London.
Great visit to @MaryRoseMuseum ! Well done, love the ship's crew everywhere!— Timmy Mallett (@TimmyMallett) August 20, 2013
|April - October (01/04/2014 - 31/10/2014)|
|November - March (01/11/2014 - 31/03/2015)|
* The Historic Dockyard opens at 10am everyday throughout the year, except when closed on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
From April-October: Last tickets to the attractions are sold at 4.30pm and the Dockyard gates are closed at 6.00pm.
From November - March: Last tickets to the attractions are sold at 4.00pm and the Dockyard gates are closed at 5.30pm.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Senior Citizens Ticket||£16.00|
Tickets for just the Mary Rose Museum
Adult Ticket £17.00
Child ticket for visitors aged between 5 and 15. Must be accompanied by an over 18 year old. Child Ticket £12.50
Senior ticket for visitors aged 60+ Senior Ticket £16.00
Family tickets provide entrance for up to five members of the same family, maximum two adults/seniors Family Ticket £47.00
Student tickets also apply
The D-Day Museum was opened in 1984 to commemorate the 40th anniversary of D-Day. Its centrepiece...0.39 miles away
Enter the Blue Reef Aquarium and take a safari from the depths of the Solent to the tropical coral...0.41 miles away
Built in 1544, the Castle was part of a series of fortifications constructed by Henry VIII around...0.48 miles away
The City Museum is the Museum of and for the people of Portsmouth with exciting and varied displays...0.77 miles away
Portsmouth Guildhall is one of the premier event and entertainment venues on the South Coast, with...1 miles away
Indoor play.1.14 miles away
Visit this Victorian fort built in the sea off the coast of Portsmouth, where you can host a...1.15 miles away
One of the South Coast's most popular shopping destinations, Gunwharf Quays is filled with almost...1.2 miles away
Year-round programme of solo, group and themed exhibitions of contemporary visual art, accompanied...1.24 miles away
Soaring 170 metres into the sky, the Spinnaker Tower offers spectacular views over the south coast....1.25 miles away
The Royal Marines Museum tells the remarkable history of the Royal Navy's own infantry from 1664 to...1.4 miles away
A full day at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard will stay with you forever!1.47 miles away
Small terraced house of 1805 in which the famous novelist was born and lived for a short time....1.54 miles away
Go onboard our submarines with a submariner to hear his stories about living beneath the waves....1.58 miles away
Eastney Beam Engine House contains a pair of James Watt beam engines and reciprocal pumps restored...1.67 miles away
In Gosport town centre you will find The Discovery Centre, where there is a surprising range of...1.89 miles away