British Wildlife Centre
The British Wildlife Centre, in the heart of East Surrey's countryside, is the very best place to see and learn about Britain's own wonderful wildlife.
* Over 40 different species from tiny harvest mice to magnificent red deer... and everything in between!
* Large natural enclosures that reflect wild habitats
* Walk among free-ranging red squirrels in Britain's first walk-through red squirrel enclosure
* Badger watching in the underground sett
* View the otters in their ponds and observation otter holt
* Visit the rats, mice, stoats and weasels in the Barn and Hedgerow
* See elusive creatures of the night in the Nocturnal House
* Free-flying owl display shown daily
* Keeper Talks held every half an hour allow you to see the animal up close and learn more about them - a REAL natural history lesson!
* Wheelchair accessible
* Free parking
* Coffee Shop and Picnic areas
* Wildlife Gift Shop
* Easily accessible on the A22 at Newchapel, nr Lingfield, just 10 minutes from the M25 (Jcn 6 Godstone interchange). Please see our website for details.
* Open weekends and Bank Holidays from March to October and daily during state school holidays. Please see our website for more detailed opening times.
- Tourism South East Award - Tourism ExSEllence Runner Up 2007
- Tourism South East Award - Tourism South East Member 2013
|Open All Year|
|PLEASE SEE OPENING TIMES BELOW (01/01/2014 - 31/12/2014)|
* Opening Times 2014
The Centre is open every weekend and public holiday of the year (excluding Christmas and Boxing Day) and daily during state school holidays (dates on the website). February – October 10am to 5pm, November to January 10am to 4pm.
Last admissions 1 hour before closing.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£11.00 per ticket|
|Child 3 - 15||£8.00 per ticket|
|Family (2 + 2)||£35.00 per ticket|
|Senior||£10.00 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Set in beautiful Surrey countryside, Lingfield Park is one of the country's busiest racecourses....1.65 miles away
Hidden woodlands, lush green meadows, tranquil ponds and an ancient common
The Harewoods estate...2.92 miles away
Vanguard Way is the ideal route for the walking enthusiast. At 66 miles (107 km) of beautiful...4.58 miles away
Come to Standen & discover the best example of an Arts and Crafts House open to the public in...4.63 miles away
Farm Shop, Butchery, Gift Barn. Tea Room, Garden & Play Area. PYO, Seasonal Events, Espresso Bar,...4.71 miles away
Outdoor activity centre offering:
canoeing, climbing, archery, abseiling, crate challenge,...5.69 miles away
The Priest House sits on the western edge of Ashdown Forest in the picturesque high Weald village...6.27 miles away
Ancient common on the Greensand Ridge where time comes home to sleep
Limpsfield Common was used...6.95 miles away
West Green House is a quintessentially English manor house garden with a twist.
The garden...7.11 miles away
Wakehurst Place has been managed by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew since 1965. The collections...7.11 miles away
One of the largest retail selections of roses in the country with 1000 varieties. Also a wide range...7.49 miles away
Llamas, alpacas and reindeer. Play area, information barn. Coffee shop serving light lunches and...7.86 miles away
Major shows are organised throughout the year, including the Society's flagship event the South of...7.88 miles away
Family home of Sir Winston Churchill for 40 years. Twentieth century history comes to life in...7.95 miles away
Set in more than 3000 acres Titsey Place and Gardens is one of the largest surviving historic...8.2 miles away
This stretch of the North Downs is good walking country, with flower-sprinkled grasslands, quiet...8.39 miles away